Tags? Catagories? Why Do We Need Those?

Okay, so for today I’m going to tell you about why we need tags and categories for the Student Blogging Challenge
Some people may have these questions:
* Why should regular users of the internet be using tags and categories whenever they leave a footprint on the web?

* Where are users asked to use tags?

* What is geotagging?

* Why did you decide on those categories for your blog?

Well, I am going to answer them to the best of my abilities 🙂
Regular users of the internet should be using Tags and Categories so that, once they post so much stuff, people can search the posts that they want to read and read it. Without Tags and Categories, it could take people quite a while to look through your blog for one specific post!

I decided on these categories because they are the ones I felt were appropriate for their purpose.

Users are asked to use tags in their titles and for links, so people can search the tags.

Geo-tagging is the process of adding geographical identification meta-data to various media such as photographs, video, websites, RSS feeds, etc.

I hope I answered some of your questions 🙂
~Jordyn <3

2 thoughts on “Tags? Catagories? Why Do We Need Those?

1. Dear Jordyn, I think you did a good job explaining why someone would want to bother with tagging their posts and adding categories.

I was confused, though. What tags did you pick for your posts? and you mentioned that you had categories, but I didn’t see what they were. I think it will be interesting to find out what kinds of things you are writing about and how you will “file” your posts under these.

Thanks for your tips and I’ll be back to see if you can tell me more about what you picked.

Mrs. R

2. Oh, well I must not have published the categories. I have done some. I must have been side tracked. And the Tags I just figured out how to do. And okay 😀